Terms and Conditions of Business - Please click here to read a copy of our Terms and Conditions of Business
In accordance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011 Levi Solicitors LLP operates in accordance with the following Principles:
• to uphold the rule of law and the proper administration of justice
• to act with integrity
• not to allow our independence to be compromised
• to act in the best interests of each client
• to provide a good standard of service to our clients
• to behave in a way that maintains the trust the public places in us and in the provision of legal services
• comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and deal with our regulators and ombudsmen in an open, timely and co-operative manner
• run our business or carry out our roles in the business effectively and in accordance with proper governance and sound financial and risk management principles
• run our business or carry out our roles in the business in a way that encourages equality of opportunity and respect for diversity
• protect client money and assets
We are unable to accept instructions which would offend against these Principles, or against the mandatory Outcomes of the Code of Conduct.
Levi Solicitors LLP is required to comply with:
• The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
• The Terrorism Act 2000
• The Drug Trafficking Act 1994
• The Money Laundering Regulations 2007
• The Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005
We are obliged to undertake detailed client due diligence measures and ongoing monitoring for both new and existing clients; to verify the identity of all prospective clients and re-verify checks at least every three years. Due diligence will be carried out on connected parties such as the beneficial owners of a client as part of the verification process. Accordingly, we ask clients to provide any verification information we request promptly.
Under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 we may be obliged to make a report to the Serious Organised Crime Agency if we become aware of or suspect the existence of proceeds of crime in relation to any services on which we are instructed. Our obligation to make such a report may override our duty of confidentiality and we may not be permitted to inform the client of the report. We may terminate the provision of any services to a client if we suspect that the client or any other party connected with the matter is involved in activities proscribed by the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
Levi Solicitors LLP complies with the Bribery Act 2010. For this purpose we monitor gifts and hospitality (whether accepted or declined).
We are not authorised by the Financial Services Authority ("FSA") under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 ("FSMA"). We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority ("SRA"), the independent regulatory body of the Law Society of England and Wales, a designated professional body for the purposes of FSMA. We only provide legal services. Nothing that we say or do should be taken as advice on the investment merits of acquiring or disposing of particular investments or as an invitation or inducement to anyone to engage in investment-related activities. Our clients are solely responsible for commercial and investment decisions. If a client is likely to need advice on investments, such as life insurance with an investment element or pension policies, we will refer them only to an independent financial advisor in line with the Code.
Equality and Diversity Policy - We aim to encourage and value diversity and are committed to providing equality for all. Please click here to read our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Complaints Procedure - Whilst we endeavour to provide a high quality legal service for all of our clients, should something go wrong we need you to inform us about it so that we can continue to improve our services for our clients. Please click here to read out Complaints Procedure for client.
Legal Ombudsman - Complaints should be referred to the Legal Ombudsman if we cannot resolve them. Their contact details are as follows:Tel: 0300 5550333 firstname.lastname@example.org www.legalombudsman.org.uk